his delicious and flavorful Instant Pot Sweet Potato Curry is brimming with vegetables and savory flavor. Delectable, vegan and so delicious, all in one easy instant pot recipe. Your family will ask you to make this sweet potato curry recipe every week! For Sweet Potato Curry, you can use brown or green lentils – either one works! Also, be sure that you use full fat coconut milk to keep with the dish’s thick consistency.
How To Make Instant Pot Sweet Potato Curry ?
Making this healthy vegetarian curry is as simple as combining together lentils, vegetable broth, coconut milk, sweet potatoes, onion, curry, tomatoes, and spices. This recipe for instant pot sweet potato curry is so enticing and delectable, all the ingredients blended together make this instant pot curry recipe extraordinary
Ingredients Needed To Make Instant Pot Sweet Potato Curry
- 2 tsps coconut oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tsps yellow curry powder
- 2 medium-sized sweet potatoes peeled and cut into one inch cubes
- ¾ cup green or brown lentils
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 2 ½ cups vegetable broth
- 14 oz. coconut milk full fat
- Fresh coriander for garnishing optional
- Melt coconut oil in the inner pot of the Instant Pot using the saute function.
- Saute onion, garlic and curry powder for about 3 minutes.
- Add sweet potatoes, lentils, and tomato and continue to saute for an additional 4 minutes.
- Turn off the saute function and add vegetable broth.
- Attach the Instant Pot’s lid and pressure cook on high for 10 minutes.
- Once the time is up, allow for a QPR.
- Remove the lid and set the IP back to its saute function.
- Stir in coconut milk and allow to sizzle for about 4 minutes.
- Serve in individual bowls and garnish with fresh coriander, if desired.
How Long Does Sweet Potato Curry Last In The Refrigerator?
It can last 4-5 days in a refrigerator in an airtight container. Leave the curry out on the counter for up to 2 hours to cool, before placing it in the refrigerator.
How Do You Thicken A Curry?
The coconut milk should thicken the curry, you can also use one tablespoon of flour to 2 tablespoons of cold water, stir it to make the flour slurry and then stir it into the sauce.
How Can I thicken A Curry Without Flour?
An alternative to the flour would be Cornstarch or arrowroot. Mix the cornstarch or arrowroot with equal parts water to create a slurry and pour it into the pot. There are other ingredients you can use to thicken, just use what you think would not make the curry taste different.