his Instant Pot Stuffing is incredibly easy and totally delicious! This is the fuss-free side dish recipe you need for the holidays
how to make Instant Pot Stuffing
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups diced celery
- 2 cups diced white onion
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ½ cups low-sodium chicken broth, or more to taste
- 2 (10 ounce) packages cubed seasoned stuffing
- 2 ounces water chestnuts, drained and diced
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot) and select Sauté function. Melt 1 cup butter in the pot. Stir in celery, onion, sage, thyme, and pepper; sauté for 2 minutes. Pour in 1 1/2 cups broth, mix well, and hit Cancel.
- Combine cubed stuffing and water chestnuts in a large bowl. Pour in celery mixture from the Instant Pot; stir to combine. Stir in up to 1/2 cup more broth if you like moist stuffing.
- Grease a 1 1/2-quart, 7 1/2-inch round casserole dish with 1 teaspoon butter. Spoon in stuffing mixture; do not pack in tightly.
- Pour 1 cup water into the Instant Pot; place a trivet in the pot. Place casserole dish on top of the trivet.
- Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer’s instructions; set timer for 10 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer’s instructions, 15 to 20 minutes.
Can I Use Fresh Bread?
This recipe comes out best if you use stale or crispy bread. If you don’t have stale bread, cut your bread into one-inch cubes and bake in the oven at 250 degrees F / 120 degrees C for about 25 minutes before using to make the stuffing.
What Is The Difference Between Stuffing and Dressing?
If it is cooked inside the bird, it is usually called stuffing. If cooked outside the bird, it is usually called dressing. I tend to use the term interchangeably.
Can I Use Dried Thyme?
If you don’t have a sprig of fresh thyme, you can use dried thyme in its place. Instead of using one sprig, use a quarter teaspoon of dried thyme instead.
Can I Use Chicken Stock
Yes, you can use any type of stock that you want, just keep in mind it will alter the flavor of the stuffing.