looking for an amazing frickles recipe? Look no further! Fried pickles are a delicious and easy way to enjoy this classic snack. In this blog post, we will share fried pickles recipe with you.
What is Frickles ?
Frickles are a type of pickle that is breaded and fried. They are often served as a snack or appetizer and are a popular choice at parties and potlucks.
What is the difference between frickles and pickles?
Frickles are a type of pickle that is breaded and fried. Pickles are simply cucumbers that have been soaked in brine (water, vinegar, and salt).
how to make fried pickles? Recipe (how to make frickles ?)
- oil for frying (vegetable or peanut)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (Greek seasoning or your favorite seasoning medley may be substituted)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 16 ounces dill pickle slices, drained and dried on paper towels
- Heat 1 1/2-2 inches oil in a heavy bottomed pot over medium-high heat to 375-degrees F.
- In a shallow bowl or rimmed plate, whisk together flour, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add hot sauce and water and mix until smooth.
- Working in batches, add dried pickles to the batter, gently toss to coat. Using a slotted spoon (or Chinese Spider), remove pickles from the batter and let excess drip off. Gently add pickles to the oil one at a time. Fry for about 1 1/2-2 minutes or until golden. Remove and let drain on paper towels. Monitor oil temperature as batches are frying to maintain consistent 375-degrees F.
- Serve with Comeback Sauce and/or ketchup.
TIPS FOR FRIED PICKLES RECIPE
- One of the most important steps of this recipe is allowing the pickles to dry off. The batter will adhere to them better and reduce spattering too.
- A thermometer to monitor oil temperature when frying is a must. Guessing when the oil is at the correct temperature isn’t a good idea.
- The right tools make all the difference in a smooth frying experience or a huge mess. A large spoon strainer or Chinese Spider is so helpful when deep-frying at home.
What are the best kinds of pickles to make fried pickles ?
When it comes to making fried pickles , you can use any type of pickle that you like. However, some types of pickles work better than others. Generally, the best pickles to use for fried pickles are those that are sour and have a strong flavor. This includes dill pickles, bread and butter pickles, and sour pickles.
Why are pickles so good for you?
Pickles are a great food to include in your diet because they are loaded with nutrients. They are a good source of fiber, vitamin C, and potassium. They also contain antioxidants that can help protect your body from disease. As fermented food, they are better for digestion and make for a wonderful side for sandwiches, soups, etc
What do you serve with fried pickles?
fried pickles are a great appetizer or snack that can be enjoyed on their own. However, they can also be served with other dishes. Some ideas include:
- Hot dogs
- Chicken wings
- French fries
What is the best way to store fried pickles?
fried pickles will last for several days if they are stored in an airtight container in the fridge.