Giada’s chicken piccata recipe is absolutely delicious and so easy that it hardly takes 30 minutes to from pan to plate.erve Giada’s chicken piccata with pasta, spaghetti, sautéed veggies, or mashed potatoes, and enjoy a simple homemade dinner with your friends and family.Tender and juicy chicken breast cutlets served over lemony, buttery, and caper topped sauce is the ultimate comfort food that your heart and soul would crave after a long day of work.
what is “piccata?”
Cooking something “Piccata,” is in reference to a method of preparing a thin slice of meat. In America, it is most often seen as “Chicken Piccata,” but this method actually refers to any type of thin cut meat served with capers in a lemony butter sauce. Other popular meats often used are swordfish and veal. Many people serve it will pasta, but it can stand on its’ own. A nice spring salad would pair well too!
how to make Chicken Piccata Giada ?
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breast
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup capers
- ½ cup low sodium chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter(divided)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper powder
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Butterfly chicken breasts and cut them into halves horizontally. The chicken pieces should be around ¼th inch thickness. If they seem to be thick, pound them with a meat hammer to desired thickness.
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breas
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and dredge chicken in all-purpose flour until well coated.
- ½ teaspoon salt,½ teaspoon black pepper powder,½ cup all-purpose flour
- Put a large skillet over medium heat; melt 2 tablespoons of butter with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the chicken pieces without overcrowding the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until the chicken turns light brown in color. Remove and transfer to a plate.
- tablespoons butter,2 tablespoons olive oil
- In the same pan add chicken stock, lemon juice, and capers. Bring it to boil, scraping up the brown bits from the pan. Let the sauce simmer for a few minutes until reduced to half.
- ½ cup low sodium chicken stock,2 tablespoon lemon juice,¼ cup capers
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and whisk properly.
- Place the chicken on your serving plate (reheat the chicken in the oven if it’s cold) and pour the sauce over it. Garnished with chopped parsley.
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Chicken breasts – boneless, skinnless works best. I prefer to butterfly and separate the breast into two planks instead of pounding them thin.
- Lemon Juice – fresh is best. Often I will say to use bottled if fresh is not available but in this recipe fresh is required.
WHY THIS RECIPE IS AMAZING?
- Ready in 30 minutes from pan to plate.
- Bright flavors of fresh lemon juice and parsley make for an an easy pan sauce.
- Easy enough for a weeknight meal yet fancy enough to serve guests at a dinner party.
how to slice chicken for chicken piccata?
The key here is to have thinly cut chicken breasts so that when you go to pan fry it, the chicken cooks quickly and stays juicy– not rubbery. For this I like to do one of 3 things.
- Buy thin cut chicken breasts. This is the easiest of the options, and they can be found at most any grocery store.
- Butterfly the chicken. With a sharp knife, cut along the depth of the chicken to essentially half the thickness.
- Pound the chicken thin. This creates large pieces and is a little more mess/work but it gets the job done
what to serve with chicken piccata?
you can serve with chicken piccata is angel hair pasta or vermicelli,delicate noodles and because the sauce is a thin butter sauce, it works well to stick to that pasta shape. Other things that you could serve with chicken piccata are mashed potatoes, steamed veggies, couscous, or rice! Because this is essentially lemon chicken with a little more kick to it, it is actually very versatile! A simple dinner salad would be lovely as well.