These Air Fryer Shrimp Tacos are the perfect light, fresh, and easy Mexican dish. The shrimp are tossed in a sweet and smoky dry rub and take less than 10 minutes to cook in the air fryer.
Why You’ll Love This Air Fryer Shrimp Recipe
- The air fryer makes such perfect shrimp. The air fryer gives the shrimp a nice crust on the outside while keeping the shrimp juicy on the inside.
- The shrimp cooks in less than 10 minutes to cook in the air fryer! It’ll probably take you longer to get the toppings ready than the shrimp!
- It’s made with simple everyday ingredients that you more than likely already have on hand.
How To Make Air Fryer Shrimp Tacos ?
- 12 ounces uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 4 (10 inch) flour tortillas, toasted
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- Step 1
Combine yogurt, mayonnaise, cilantro, vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder,
cumin, and salt in a small bowl. Stir until evenly combined and set aside.
- step 2
Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- step 3
Pat shrimp dry using a paper towel and place into a bowl. Add olive oil and taco
seasoning. Stir until evenly combined.
- Step 4
Place shrimp in the basket of the preheated air fryer and cook for 4 minutes.
Shake and cook for 3 minutes more.
- step 5
Place tortillas on serving plates. Divide cabbage and shrimp between the
tortillas. Top with reserved sauce and serve.
What goes with air fryer shrimp tacos?
- Mexican potatoes
– Mango pico de gallo
– Skinny spicy margarita
– 4 ingredient guacamole
- pineapple salsa, avocado corn salsa, stuffed jalapeno poppers, and this Instant Pot basmati rice
Can I put frozen shrimp in the air fryer?
Yes. You will probably need to add about 1-2 minutes to the cook time depending on the size.
Are air fryer shrimp tacos with slaw healthy?
The word healthy is subjective, but these shrimp tacos are lower in fat and calories compared to deep fried shrimp tacos.
How long do I put shrimp in the air fryer?
Air fryer shrimp take anywhere from 6-9 minutes at 400 depending on the size.
Do I have to flip the shrimp in the air fryer?
Nope! There’s no need to flip the shrimp. The holes in the air fryer basket will allow the hot air to cook the bottom of the shrimp evenly.
HOW TO TELL THE SHRIMP ARE FULLY COOKED?
If the shrimp are light pink, they’re cooked. If the shrimp are translucent in some areas, then they’re undercooked. The safe cooking temperature for cooked shrimp is 120 degrees F.