This yummy air fryer chicken parmesan is ready in about half an hour if you love chicken Parmesan, you will really love this recipe. It’s so good, and you can have this done in less than half an hour.
The air fryer gives you that crunchy chicken, drenched in a delicious tomato sauce and gooey Parmesan cheese, and the whole thing just melts in your mouth.
It’s like you have an Italian restaurant in your kitchen. This air fryer chicken parmesan will remind you of that delicious restaurant-style meal, without leaving the house.
How to Make Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan ?
Tools You May Need
- Air Fryer
- Cheese Grater
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
- 1 – 2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 cup of bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of milk
- Garlic salt – to season
- Seasoned salt – to season
- Pepper – to season
- Spray Olive Oil
- Tomato sauce – 14 – 16 ounces
- Italian seasoning
- Ground oregano
- Sweet basil
- Brown sugar
- Garlic salt
- Seasoned salt
- Pepper – to taste
- Minced garlic
- Sliced Parmesan cheese – or 1 wedge of Parmesan cheese (you’ll slice the pieces from the wedge)
- Fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley, chopped finely
- Slice the chicken breasts into large pieces, and sprinkle with the garlic salt, seasoned salt, and pepper.
- Place the flour and bread crumbs into a dish, and mix well.
- In another dish, add the egg, and milk, and whisk together.
- Dip the chicken in the flour mixture, then in the milk/egg mixture, and back in the flour.
- Place the breaded chicken in the air fryer, and when the basket is full, spray the chicken with the Olive oil spray.
- Set the time for 12 minutes, and cook the chicken.
- Turn the chicken halfway through cooking, and spray with Olive oil spray.
- Let the chicken finish cooking.
- While the chicken is cooking, place the tomato sauce in a heavy saucepan, add the garlic salt, seasoned salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, sweet basil, minced garlic, and brown sugar, and stir all together over medium heat until the sauce is bubbly.
- Turn off heat, and set aside until chicken is done.
- When chicken is finished cooking, open the air fryer, and top chicken pieces with the tomato sauce, place slices of Parmesan cheese on top of tomato sauce, and sprinkle with finely chopped parsley.
- Place back in the air fryer for 2 minutes, until cheese is melted and slightly browned on top.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Is Chicken Parmigiana the same as Chicken Parmesan?
Yes. Chicken parmigiana and chicken parmesan are the same dishes.
Different regions and countries call this air fryer chicken parmesan different things.
In the United States, we tend to say chicken parm, while people who live in Australia may call this dish “parmi” or “parma”.
Whether you call this air fryer chicken recipe chicken parm, chicken parmesan or chicken parmigiana, it’s all the same thing.
What do you serve with Chicken Parmesan?
Many things go well with Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan.
A nice slice of garlic bread or a side of mozzarella sticks may suit your taste buds.
You may serve your air fryer chicken parmesan with a side salad, such as your favorite green salad.
The list of what you can serve with chicken parm is really endless.
I suggest you think about what your family enjoys most and serve that right up with your restaurant-style chicken parm recipe made in your air fryer.
Can you put foil in an air fryer?
You can technically put foil in an air fryer, however, it’s not recommended.
The basket that you place your chicken breasts in to make this air fryer chicken parm is meant to allow the heat to reach all of the chicken.
You need the heat in the air fryer to get to every piece of chicken in order to thoroughly cook your chicken breasts to the proper temperature.
When you opt to use foil in an air fryer you must make certain that the foil is weighed down by the food, however, this process will increase cook time and could lead to uneven air fried food.
Can you cook frozen chicken in air fryer?
Yes, you can cook frozen chicken in the air fryer.
I wouldn’t suggest making this air fryer chicken parm with frozen chicken breasts though.
Cooking frozen chicken in the air fryer may take longer and result in less tender meat.
You’ll need the chicken breasts fully thawed in order to coat them before placing them in the air fryer.